About this policy
Veginity is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website Veginity.com.
- you make a booking on our website.
- you make enquiries on our website.
- someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Veginity is a restaurant located at 101 Dorset Street Upper, Dublin.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking
- when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.)
- when you make an enquiry
- when you sign up to marketing emails
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfil your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking:
Veginity collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
- telephone number
- company name
- dietary requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When you dine at Veginity:
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses
- current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our sites:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Veginity. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
- operating system
- IP address
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
- domain names
- access times
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us via our contact page. This information may include:
- personal details
- employment details
- salary history
- other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records via our contact page.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Provide information about our products and services.
- Deliver products and service.
- Improve our products and services.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To assess you as a potential job candidate.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary, to deliver services on our behalf. For example, service providers (eg for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
Veginity data is stored securely in data centres managed by Quality Host Online, which is a US and Australian company. All servers are based in USA and Australia. Your websites and email are stored on US servers at this time (9.11.2019).
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email via our contact page.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Veginity holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made via our contact page.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis):
- If you make a booking with us, we keep your personal data for a period of two years from the last booking, or for as long as we have your permission.
- If you make an enquiry with us, we will keep your personal data for a period of two years from the last enquiry made.
- If you apply for a job with us, we keep your personal data for a period of two years from the time of last job application or inquiry.
- If you sign up for marketing emails, we will keep your personal data for until you tell us to remove it.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’ and web analytics
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
- Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
- Links: Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
If any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Changes to this statement